[En-Nut-Discussion] Debugging with JTAG

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Mon Dec 13 09:55:05 CET 2004

David,

as far as I can say, JTAG debugging doesn't work with
Nut/OS code, but application debugging usually works
http://www.ethernut.de/en/iccavr/index.html
(at the end of this page)

This seems to be a problem with bitfields inside
Nut/Net structures and coff. At least this is what
Michael Fischer discovered once. Michael plans to
look into .elf debugging and so will I. Atmel claims,
that elf format is supported with AVR Studio 4.10.
We'll see.

Regarding your EEPROM problem. The fuses will never
change without explicitly reprogramming them. Are
you sure you selected the correct device?

Harald