[En-Nut-Discussion] DHCP and Resolve mods by Michel

Michel unreal at home.nl
Sat Dec 18 08:44:47 CET 2004

Hi Harald,

Yes, I did some midifications there and a number of them are useless :-) Ole
pointed that out.
But I must admit that I still have not removed them from the actual code
that we use.
(I'm constantly thrown back and forth between 'If it works don't fix it' and
'If it works, improve it')

Actually, I did some other improvements as well. This helps when you do not
have the cable plugged in
While booting. My improvements keep DHCP active until it gets an address.
Some other improvements make sure that
Retries are done in case of errors.

While doing that I also discovered a bug in GCC I think: the task is
basically one big switch statement
Implmented in if..else if.. constructs. When I added my changes the DHCP
client sometimes had problems getting the address. Then I changed 1 (and
only 1) if..else if.. Into a single if.. Statement and then it worked.

Here is the version that I am using now. It works on NutOS 3.30. (That
version does not have a UDP sizeable buffer so
Those statements are inside #ifdefs.)
I know there are some useless statements in there, but I have not taken the
time to remove them and verify
That still all error conditions are ok...

Greetings,
Michel