[En-Nut-Discussion] Understanding the Ethernut 1.3G design(RTL8019AS)

Jean Pierre Gauthier jp.gauthier at wanadoo.fr
Sun Dec 19 18:12:01 CET 2004

Matthias,
I use the $8400 -FFFF with the Ethernut 1.3.F for memory extension, around
60K memory at 0-FFFF (excluding ATMEGA128 and RTL8019)directly addressable
by the CPU and malloc() + banked 450K (addressed with IT masked).

I don't think that Ethernut 1.3G is different for this usage.
Harald sent a mail over this few months ago.  A story of RD/WR disabled when
the RTL is addressed.
I hope that Harald is always OK....

Ethernet full-duplex is used when lines are connected to switchs or routers.
RX /TX can work simultaneously.  Ethernet half-duplex is the "old scheme"
when data are (were) carried over one shared Eth line or cross HUBs. You
talk an receive on the same line so that 4Mb/s (Eth10) is really usable with
collisions. Of course, full-duplex is better because the bitrate is really
2x10 Mb/s ( 2*X for EthX) without collisions.

Jean Pierre