[En-Nut-Discussion] Understanding the Ethernut roadmap

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Mon Dec 20 12:30:47 CET 2004

Beside required software changes, the ATmega128 should
be replaceable by the ATmega256 on the Ethernut 1.3
and Ethernut 2.0 without problem, because both boards
provide ISP.

We decided to remove ISP from Ethernut 2.1 and use the
additional board space (and part costs) for the serial
flash. However, ISP is still available at the expansion
port and may be used to enable the debugWire fuse.

The only part, which is unresolved, is the programming
adapter. Either we have to switch back from JTAG to ISP
or we will be able to provide a debugWire adapter.

Harald