[En-Nut-Discussion] TCP stops working after some time

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Dec 22 09:14:53 CET 2004

>The granularity is 62.5 ms unless you explicitly set NUT_CPU_FREQ.
>If your observations proof to be correct, any timeout less than
>125 ms may expire immediately.

Solving this problem isn't difficult: Incrementing the
timer tick by one fixes it.

We still haven't been successful with reproducing the
TCP halt. Using four server threads plus read time out
doesn't help. However, the test concentrates on connect
and disconnect. Thus, we will now use larger data
transfers, exchanging about 20k bytes in both directions
during each session. This will trigger more NutEventPostAsync()
calls. Most of them are located in data and ACK handling.