[En-Nut-Discussion] Medianut and LCD display

Bent Neumann Jensen neumann at fys.ku.dk
Thu Dec 23 10:00:26 CET 2004

Hi all

I am working with the medianut just for the fun. And it is fun but:

The new configurator does not work it does not make the makedefs right.
But I reverted to the old nut/net system ver.: 3.4.2 which can still be
found on egnites homepage (not ethernuts homepage) and it works in first
attempt.

The LCD driver does not work properly with a LCD display but works fine
with a similar VFD display. The LCD display is not initialized properly
since the second line in the display never gets initialized.

Apart from this it is very impressive and great fun to play with it´s
obvious that a great deal of time and hard work has been spend on this
kit, and I – as the novice I am in network – find it very interesting,
but also hard to understand since it´s a whole new worldt I´m stepping
into.

Could anyone tell me, how do I change the number of characters in the
display to match my actual display with 2 lines of 40 characters each?
Right now it only shows 16 characters in each line.

Best regards and the wish of a good Christmas
And thanks to the hard working guys out there (especially to you Harald)

Bent Neumann