[En-Nut-Discussion] EEPROM emulation for RTL8019AS (Ethernut 1.3G)

Matthias en_nut_discussion at onlinehome.de
Wed Dec 29 18:06:12 CET 2004

Hello,

>But I don't understand the role of A15 / PC7.
>The define for that line is "RTL_EEMU_PORT".
>For what stands "EEMU", and for what is that line needed/used ?

I tried the code without the EEMU line, and it works.
Does anyone know the reason for the EEMU line in the code ?

Some notes about the EEPROM emulation:
(In my opinion such an explanation should be in the nicrtl.c as a comment...)

The only reason the ’9346 is emulated is because three bits (FUDUP, LEDS1,
and LEDS0)
cannot be set using the parallel interface.

If you write the FUDUP bit to 1, and you have no link or no full-duplex link,
you read
the FUDUP bit as 0! When you then connect using a full-duplex link, you read
a 1.
=> When you read the FUDUP bit, you get the actually link speed/status !!!

It took me some time to discover that!

Thank you very much for your help !

Best regards

Matthias