[En-Nut-Discussion] Question about two network connections.

Alexander Baranov Baranov at intech21.com
Mon Feb 2 15:56:28 CET 2004

Hi, All.
I have such a problem:
I use two network oriented threads.
Main thread periodically sends data through Inet using POST method of http
protocol. Having sent the next potion of data, it obtains something as
server reply and parses it as server command.
Another thread, which I call DirectTCP, opens another socket and accepts
data from port 23 - telnet like this:
NutTcpAccept(dirsock, 23).
It is supposed to be used for immediate incoming commands from the server.
Actually, it works but sometimes it hangs up and the box is being reloaded
by watchdog. I tried to investigate the situation and found that the
'tdp->td_memory' of the  main thread after some time becomes  not equal to
DEADBEEF, which is interpreted as "CORRUPT" in one of the examples. I tried
to free as much heap as possible and now I have almost 16K heap available,
but I have not achieved stable work still.
Maybe I have to upgrade the system? Judging from version.c I use 3.3.0.1.
now. Please, advise.
Thanks,
Alexander Baranov