[En-Nut-Discussion] Question about two network connections.

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Feb 3 14:30:30 CET 2004

Hi Alexander,

This may be caused by many bugs. The system itself
seems to be stable in this sense...but who knows.
Recently a bug in netbuf.c had been detected, but
it appears under very specific circumstances only.
May be try a copy of this file from CVS.

In the first place increase the stack size of
your threads. This is easy.

Next, carefully review your code, specially those
parts, that write to allocated memory. The malloc
routines in the debug version (NUTDEBUG) offer
some additional protection and may help to locate
the problem.

If two threads are modifying multibyte values,
make sure, that the modification is atomic.

Most likely the problem is _not_ caused by too less
heap space.

Harald