[En-Nut-Discussion] Driving a daugther board from the EtherNut 2

Pearless Douglas.Pearless at pearless.co.nz
Sun Feb 8 22:25:15 CET 2004

Hi people,

I am redesigning an EtherNut 1.3 daughter board to work with the newer
EtherNut 2.

The daughter board can draw at a peak, 5v up to 1.7 amps.

In the past, the daughter board has a 5v 3A power supply that supplies the
5v to the EtherNut 1.3 (we remove the 5v regulator from the EtherNut) via
the expansion header.

Is it possible to upgrade the LM1086(1.5A) to a LM1085 (3A) or a LM1084(5A)?

What else would need to change (F1 to 3A or 5A)?

Would this work with the current board design (track width, vias etc)?

I guess this will become more of an issue as more and more daughter /
expansion boards are developed!

The other alternative is to put a LM1084 on the daughter board, and removing
the LM1086 from the EtherNut, which would not be my preference.

Cheers Douglas

---