AW: [En-Nut-Discussion] NutUdpSendTo problem

Oliver Schulz olischulz at web.de
Mon Feb 9 21:31:59 CET 2004

Hi Rich & Harald,

some additional annotations to Haralds posting:

> I have to admit too, that I never tried routing with
> with Ethernut's UDP, but, as routing is implemented
> in the IP layer and used by TCP too, I'm quite sure
> that this should work.
While testing the sntp stuff, I extensively used routing for UDP packets and
it worked fine. I always took directly ntp1.ptb.de as time server.

> In your output
> EEPROM/DHCP/ARP config failed
> never appears, so you are using DHCP. May be there's the
> problem. Can you please try to use
Well, but DHCP is even *not* used if in confnet struct a valid ip address
and subnet mask is stored. NutDhcpIfConfig only starts the dhcp thread if no
ip address (0.0.0.0) is stored in EEPROM.
Otherwise the EEPROM configuration is used to configure the interface (which
is not bad at all), but the stored gateway ip address is unfortunately
ignored and then no default route is available.

I already commited a bugfix to nut-3_4-release, which was initially intended
to be applied in HEAD branch only. ...Uuhhh merging from HEAD branch, hope
Harald will not kill me for this...

Regards,
Oliver.