[En-Nut-Discussion] GPRS PAP problem

Dusan Ferbas dferbas at dfsoft.cz
Wed Feb 11 01:33:38 CET 2004

Hi,

I don't have answers for all your question. Just one column. Once the
targeting servers confirms no PCOMP and ACOMP during LCP it should stay
with it.

I experienced only a behaviour that a server was not able to negotiate
other than both compress modes off. There were up to 10 attempts with 3
secs intervals and then PPP session was closed by my PPP client.

>My real problem is that PAP authentication messages seem to be ignored by my
>GPRS server.  The server requires a blank username and password.  I have
>tried blank. I have tried passwords.  I have even tried rejecting the
>(AUTH=0xC023) request from the server. Still I'm being ignored (except for
>the latter where I get a TERMREQ when it is time for IPCP negotiation).
>Has anyone experienced this?  Could it be that the server is speechless
>without PCOMP and ACOMP?

Dusan