[En-Nut-Discussion] Problem with CPU clock freq computation

Waschk,Kolja enut at ixo.de
Thu Feb 12 20:30:38 CET 2004

> >Fuses of the m128 are set to 0xFF 0x03 0x3F, i.e. longest startup time.
> fuses, but I guess this differs. Did you set CKOPT?

Yep, and it's all right now. There have been a couple of other problems,
and the output on my terminal looked perfectly as if the UART ran at a
slightly wrong clock... but it turned out to be just the terminal:
Garbage that comes from the m128 while flashing (via JTAG) somehow changes
the charset encoding configuration for the output...

> We never experienced this problem. If you
> measured correct frequencies, there must be
> another difference, I'm sure.

There's still the confusing outcome of the NutComputeCpuClock() of 12,288 Mhz;
I'll take a closer look at this issue in the coming days. Maybe I currently
just misinterpret the value, or compilation without optimization resulted in a
longer loop body (and thus smaller count). Our m128 definitely runs at 14,7456
MHz. If I remain quiet about this within the next days, please regard the
"problem" as void :)

I now have our boards completely up and running. They differ from the Ethernut1
only slightly, with 64kB RAM and the RTL8019AS "in parallel". A single I/O from
m128 selects between RAM and RTL, driven by code added in nicrtl.c. However
I don't think it's of general use (the upper 32kB of RAM are not used as heap
but for interfacing to a host only), but if anyone is interested I'd prepare a
patch for integration in CVS.

Kolja

--
mr. kolja waschk - haubach-39 - 22765 hh - ger
phone +49 40 889130-34 - fax -35 - e-mail s.a.