[En-Nut-Discussion] Problem with Timers

Waschk,Kolja enut at ixo.de
Tue Feb 17 18:53:56 CET 2004

> I'm currently hunting for anything that is causing "almost deterministic"
> lockups of my target. In that state it won't even answer ICMP echo reqs.

A little status update regarding this problem:

1. I've merged Bengt's "ruggedized" nicrtl driver with our code. That alone
however doesn't fix the lock-ups. Just to make sure it's not the driver.

2. I've added NutEnterCritical/ExitCritical at several places in timer.c,
event.c and thread.c and a small "paranoia" fix. Now the test loop that caused
lockups after max 3 minutes is active since 25 minutes, and still running

As soon as I've sorted out if all of the above actually was necessary for
stable performance (and only when it really proved to be more stable),
I'll post additional details/patches.

Kolja

--
mr. kolja waschk - haubach-39 - 22765 hh - ger
phone +49 40 889130-34 - fax -35 - e-mail s.a.