[En-Nut-Discussion] HTTP problem

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Feb 18 11:15:29 CET 2004

Hi Francois,

HTTP adds some difficulties like parallel connections
and connects/disconnects at high rates. All applications we
tested with GPRS had been single connections, established
for a longer period.

What I can say is, that troughput is no real problem, PPP
seems to work quite reliable at higher data rates. But
parallel connections may disclose bugs, which had been
undiscovered during our test.

The providers we tried recently didn't route our browser
requests via Intranet-DLS-Internet-GPRS-Ethernut. So we
only tested connecting the other way round, GPRS->DSL.
No idea, why this is routed and DSL->GPRS isn't, because
from the IP layers view there is no difference. Modern
routers are quite intelligent, though.

So this test would require to write a specific application,
a multiconnect client, which we don't have right know.

I'd welcome, if you are able to further investigate the
problem. You can trace Ethernut's TCP traffic, but it
requires to have the second UART connected. Let me know,
if we can help in any way.