[En-Nut-Discussion] How to GPRS using the Ethernet 1.3F board

Simon Clarke simon.clarke217 at ntlworld.com
Mon Feb 23 09:51:56 CET 2004

ok first off  compile ethernut with nutdebug set , i think you said you had
an ethernut pcb version 1.3
add -DNUTDEBUG to hwdef entry in userconf.mk

and get the pppc.c example working ( appicc directory these are for icc )
connecting to a ppp server
i.e a windows 2000 or XP serial port set up for incomming connections using
ppp ( easy enough to do )
you may also need to have handshake lines CTS & RTS working too ( modem.h )
( this is where i am stuck at the moment , i get to the point of ppp
configure and it just sits there ! )
so think i need handshake lines

then here's the start application done for GPRS
you need to decide which gprs phone or module you wish to use , i have a
nokia 6310i and a dlr-3p cable to connect to a serial port ( not usb
version ) or use a GPRS Module such as a Siemens MC45 , Sony erricson GM47
both are known to work fine with ethernut .

which ever gprs provider you use ( let me know which one ) you need to ring
them and get GPRS internet connection enabled ( not done by default ) also
ask them for a permanant IP Address ( their may be a charge additional to
normal )
as most GPRS phones are held behind a firewall .( you could leave this till
later not sure if we need it yet )