[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut 2 link problems

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Jan 21 15:13:28 CET 2004

Hi,

One of our Ethernut customers reported, that he
experienced Ethernet link problems after
switching on the power supply. The problem
disappears, when simply pressing the reset
button.

Further investigations showed, that this is
caused by the power supply. If the switch-on
rise is too flat, the SMSC power-on reset
seems to fail. As a result, Basemon does not
even detect the LAN controller.

The customer reported further, that this problem
does not appear with the appload Bootloader.
However, after we found a power supply with
a flat switch-on slope, neither Basemon nor
the Bootloader are able to establish an Ethernet
link.

I'm looking into this...no solution so far.