[En-Nut-Discussion] Improve Tcp/Ip speed

Alexandra Taratutin alextara19 at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 27 22:11:07 CET 2004

Hi!
 We wrote a simple program that send buffer to the EtherNut board and then
reads the buffer back using NutTcpSend and NutTcpReceive functions. The
timing is so that sending 1Mb of data takes ~15 seconds. How we can improve
Tcp/Ip speed? Our program is very small so we can make socket parameters
like receiving and sending buffer sizes bigger and maybe it can improve TCP
speed. I looked at the code and found that output buffer for tcp is 256
bytes. Not sure exactly what is the size if receiving buffer , but I found
that NutTcpSetSockOpt procedure will allow to set receive buffer size. What
do you recommend for reasonable buffer size?

Thank you.
Sasha.