[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut Docu Improvements

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri Jan 30 10:33:31 CET 2004

Ralph,

At 20:46 30.01.2004 +1300, you wrote:
>Harald Kipp wrote:
>
>>I intentionally avoided a message passing OS,
>>allthough it is very attractive and leads to
>>very clean implementations.
>
>Why avoid something that leads to clean implementations?  I think we'll
>have to agree to disagree on that one.

Clean does not inevitably mean optimal.
Application requirements, CPU architectures
and clean algorithms conflict. Thus, a
compromise must be found.

For the kernel I'd prefer to use most simple,
basic algorithms. But I can't deny, that it may
turn out, that even the kernel may take advantage
from message queues.

>>At
>>http://www.ethernut.de/en/projects.html
>>you can find a meesage queue enhancement, contributed
>>by Ralph Mason. I must admit, that I didn't find the
>>time to try it (sorry Ralph). But there is a demand
>
>I just attached a new version - buggy no more, stable for the last 6
>months in production it seems.

I'm missing the attachment.