AW: AW: [En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut Docu Improvements

Oliver Schulz Oliver.Schulz at bong.de
Fri Jan 30 12:22:39 CET 2004

Hi Ralph,

I had a look to your code yesterday evening and started to implement your features to Nut/OS.

In my opinion it is a smarter way to add exactly one message queue to each thread (directly in NUTTHREADINFO). So every thread has its own message queue and there is no need to define some global message queues.
In my first implementation the memory for the message queue is allocated just in time. Means, if a thread doesn't use the message queue, only the space for one pointer (2bytes) is wasted.

Today I got your new versions of the files. These message timers are also very interessing, but on the first look, it seems that your implementation is very complicated.

But anyway, after the next official release of Nut/OS 3.4 (which must come today, I think), I would like to work with you together about this topic. This weekend I commit my files into CVS and we can discuss about it...

Cheers,
Oliver.