[En-Nut-Discussion] STK500 not working

Dan Morphis dan at milkcarton.com
Thu Jul 1 07:30:14 CEST 2004

Kind of related to this, I installed the latest AVR Studio, however when
I try to flash my ethernut, it tells me there is newer firmware for my
dongle.  So, I followed the procedure (or so I think) to upgrade, but it
doesn't work.  It says to unplug it and press the program button, but
there is no program button on my dongle, and if I unplug it, then it
doesn't have power.  Do I need to find a way to supply power to the
stk500 dongle and then try to flash?  Or, do I leave it connected to my
ethernut board?

Thanks,
dan

Harald Kipp wrote:

> This is part of AVR Studio
> http://www.atmel.com/dyn/products/tools_card.asp?tool_id=2725

Pinky, Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

I think so, Brain, but where are we going to get latex gloves, a swimming pool filled with vaseline and a herd of yaks at THIS time of night?