[En-Nut-Discussion] About Multicast packet receive

Joe Doubek jdoubek at control4.com
Fri Jul 2 01:25:50 CEST 2004

I just wanted to note on this thread that all I needed to do to get
multicast running with the lan91c111 was to enable multicast in the
multicast hash table (bank 3 offset 0-7) and then change the
NutIpInput()
function in ipin.c to not filter out the multicast receives. You can
either
set the appropriate hash table bit or if you don't mind getting slammed
you
can globally enable all multicast traffic with the ALMUL bit in the
receive
control register (bank 0 offset 4). For a full implementation you will
also need to implement IGMP and join the multicast groups of interest,
otherwise my understanding is you will not cross routers with your
packets.

-Joe