[En-Nut-Discussion] changes in nicrtl driver

Dusan Ferbas dferbas at dfsoft.cz
Fri Jul 2 10:06:00 CEST 2004

Hi,

I have same experience as Stephen. We use external EEPROM and we are
setting half duplex there. That solved couple of problems.

I tested full duplex setting against unmanaged and managed switches. When
managed switch (Broadcom chip) was forced to full duplex problems also
disappeared.

---
What I was saying is that I cannot believe full duplex can be set in a way
it is done in nicrtl.c. Attempt is done, but bit will remain unchanged.
Anyway I think that half duplex should be set there, not full duplex.

>Harald Kipp wrote:
> > The FUDUP bit is now on...but how to proof that it's
> > really doing full duplex?
>
>Hi Harald;
>
>I have look at this fairly extensively. There are a few references on
>the net about the FUDUP problem in general.

Dusan