[En-Nut-Discussion] Debugging external SRAM with AVRStudio/ICC

Joe Doubek jdoubek at control4.com
Tue Jul 6 18:09:39 CEST 2004

Hello all, Just out of curiosity... Is it normal to have issues seeing
external SRAM within AVRStudio 4 (v4.09) when compiling

with ICC pro? I'm finding that if I have variables declared within a
thread, I can't see them correctly unless I make them

static. Attempting to use the download memory option produces the same
incorrect values I see in the debugger (the external

SRAM just appears as 00, 01, ..., FE, FF over and over). These variables
are still being read correctly in the application however

because I can printf them. Is there a configuration I might be missing
for debugging or is this just the state of the debugger?

-Joe