[En-Nut-Discussion] ppp and ethernet, ok on 3.2.0

Brett Abbott Brett.Abbott at digital-telemetry.com
Thu Jul 8 12:12:49 CEST 2004

Hi

We use the ppp for gprs and the ethernet concurrently for monitoring and
debugging.  Using v 3.2.0 and ethernut 1 without issues.  We tend not to
use dhcp on the ethernut for ethernet.  The ppp adaptor obtains its ip
address from the dialup.  No apparent issues with which connection is
made first.

The only exception here is when the PC changes it's IP address due to
expired DHCP lease = dead ethernut, solved by avoiding dhcp on the pc.

If you send me a cut down version of your code, I can look to see if
anything is obviously out of place.

Cheers
Brett

Brett Abbott, Managing Director, Digital Telemetry Limited
Email: Brett.Abbott at digital-telemetry.com
PO Box 24 036 Manners Street, Wellington, New Zealand
Phone +64 (4) 5666-860  Mobile +64 (21) 656-144
------------------- Commercial in confidence --------------------