[En-Nut-Discussion] Ethernut2 w/realtek

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at kernelconcepts.de
Mon Jul 19 10:57:19 CEST 2004

Hi,

> Since im only wiring address lines A[0-4] to the address bus and ORing
> WR and RD with NIC_EN as the chip select, does anyone see any potential
> reasons why a configuration like this might not work?

Sorry, I have not yet looked into the schematics, but you shoudl
invert RESET before connecting to ~RESET. Same should be done with
INT0 of the RTL. Also you should perhaps set the default address of
the RTL to 0x0300 by pulling the remaining address lines to high or
low. The enable signal should be generated by some kind of address
decoding logic.

Hope these ideas will help you a bit..

regards,

Ole

--
kernel concepts    Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Dreisbachstr. 24   Fax: +49-271-771091-19