[En-Nut-Discussion] Get file size vom VIRTUALDEVICE (was: Register overwriting in interrupted code)

Oliver Schulz olischulz at web.de
Sun Jul 25 11:14:09 CEST 2004

Hi Harald,

no problem. AFAI can see, you didn't any correction to my statements.. :-)

What do you think of expanding the VITRUALDEVICE structure by a 'vdv_size'
function, which returns the number of bytes in receive buffer. Doing so, we
can use _filesize() or even kbhit() on TCP sockets and other virtual
devices.

My TCP code is nearly finished. I just found the bug, why some sockets
remain in CLOSED state and were not destroyed. After some testing today, I
will commit the code finally to cvs HEAD.

Regards,
Oliver.