[En-Nut-Discussion] Posting an event to main()

Anton Veldhuizen antonv at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 26 20:53:52 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I would like to use NutEventWait(&myevent, timeout) in main() and then
signal this event via another thread using NutEventPost(&myevent).

My confusion lies in the declaration of the main() thread:
NutThreadCreate("main", NutMain, 0, 768);
The 3'rd parameter, which I would expect to set to &myevent is NULL.

Do I have to modify init.c and recompile NUT/OS with the above statement as
follow?
NutThreadCreate("main", NutMain, &myevent, 768);
Or is there a simpler method?

Cheers,
Anton