[En-Nut-Discussion] RAM limit of 4kB

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Jun 2 17:37:33 CEST 2004

Hi Martin,

no, there's no limit to 4k anymore. But there may be some
unresolved stack pointer problems. Most applications won't
be hurt though.

I observed strange stack pointer settings while debugging
with GCC Coff.
(Please do not ask about details, I'm completely confused
myself and there may be no problem at all).

If you are using GCC, try printf_P(PSTR("blah")) to put
the string literals in FLASH.

With ICC however I never observed the stack problem
mentioned above. Set the compiler options to 32k RAM
and you are ready for more variable space.

Harald