AW: [En-Nut-Discussion] Again a thread question

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at kernelconcepts.de
Wed Jun 9 15:01:57 CEST 2004

> I'm still not getting why you need/want the lcd thread be running with lower priority, while you do the scheduling yourself (waiting one second)? I see no reason for that.

You'r right. In this case I don't need it. It was just a test. I think I
now understood what's the difference between preemotive and cooperative
multithreading.

But if I like to rise the granularity of the context switches I still
would like to "NutThreadYield" to give other thread the possibility to
run. If I understood this command makes only sense if called from within
a lower or same priority thread. You can't give cpu time to a thread
with lower priority?

> > Btw: Any suggestions for my killing problem?
>
> Use the same priority.

Sorry, I referenced my post "Killing threads". There I asked if ther's a
possibility to kill a thread from within another thread...

Best regards,

Ole
--
kernel concepts    Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Dreisbachstr. 24   Fax: +49-271-771091-19