[En-Nut-Discussion] Problems with uart

Hugo Simon hugo.simon at gmx.de
Tue Jun 15 19:19:42 CEST 2004

> line = malloc(200);

I think this is a good hint. I found that the uart problem is gone if I
delete a 4k buffer in a routine that I never use for now. I defined it like
shown below. So I think I have a RAM problem. Maybe I am running out of RAM?
How can I test it. Or do I have to use malloc also for that bufr variable? I
thought statics are also in Heap. BTW: where is malloc defined? It seems in
compiler.h but even if I include this I got an undefined warning.

What do I have to do to say the compiler/linker that it should use external
RAM. Maybe there is something wrong with my settings.

THREAD(udpReceiver,arg)
{
  static UDPSOCKET *udpsock;
  static u_long  addr;
  static u_short port;
  static u_char  bufr[4096];   // THIS IS THE PROBLEM
  int     size;
  static u_char  *src, *dest;
  static int     len;

  if ((udpsock=NutUdpCreateSocket(4950)))
  {
   for (;;)
   {
    size=NutUdpReceiveFrom(udpsock, &addr, &port, bufr, 4096, 1000);