[En-Nut-Discussion] Nut/OS Simulation on Host PC

Ralph Mason ralph.mason at telogis.com
Tue Mar 2 04:37:54 CET 2004

I can't make it fully available yet.

I did thread switching the exact same way as nutos does except I use a
single OS thread to simulate all the nut threads and manually switch the
stack pointer of the Win32 thread.  This technique should work with any
OS though.

Yes, I 'emulated' the serial drivers (well really just wrote a nut
driver that called the OS driver) so when running on the hardware you
call fopen('uarta') on a windows box you would call fopen('com1')

Attached is thread.c that does switching of threads for 80x86.

Ralph