[En-Nut-Discussion] Re: [En-Nut-Announce] Version 3.4.2 Available

Damian Slee damian at commtech.com.au
Tue Mar 9 09:36:17 CET 2004

>>Does this release include the improved realtek driver ?

I don't think so.

I'm not happy with it yet.  I haven't solved why tx packet loss occurs
in the new or the old one.  Tx packet loss seems to occur occasionally
when receiving at the same time.  And the times I get Rx CRC bit set
and/or DFR bit set, the current tx packet in the realtek also gets
dropped. I tried re-transmitting when this happened.  It fixed some, but
not all.

The new driver which has a lot less code overhead in the tx side, making
it a lot quicker, seems to be worse with tx packet loss.   It seems the
more delay added by code, or delays() seems to reduce tx loss in the old
and new version.  But in reality I think this has the effect of making
the NIC operate in more of a half duplex fashion and hiding the problem.
The more connections happening, the more likely it is to happen.

I had to give up looking at this last week, and move one.  I might
briefly look at it future weeks, but I may have to give up and go back
to the old version with slower tx code, to hide the problem at the
moment.

Does this release include the improved realtek driver ?
Can seem to find anything in the changelog

Thanks

Nic