[En-Nut-Discussion] Re: [En-Nut-Announce] Version 3.4.2 Available

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Wed Mar 10 21:59:00 CET 2004

At 17:50 10.03.2004 +0000, you wrote:
> > I'm currently quite successful with the ARM port too.
> > So there may be no 3.6, but 4.0.
>
>Harald
>
>Sorry to keep dragging on this particular thread, however I have one or two
>questions on your ARM port:
>
>1. Will the ARM ethernut code run from RAM or FLASH?

The advantage of the AT91R40008 is its 256kB internal
RAM with a 32 bit data path. The bootloader and the
application image including Nut/OS will be stored in
external FLASH. The bootloader will transfer the image
into RAM and start the execution.

>2. What is the current size of the ARM port?

I did not succeed in compiling all modules, but
it looks like the ARM code is about 50-60% larger
than the AVR code.

>3. Do you have any plans to build nut boards based on other processors (eg
>ARM)?

Sure, because this is the only way to make some
money for us. :-) Right now I'm testing on
the Gameboy+XPort and I got an AT91EB40A Kit from
Atmel as well, but the GBA is more fun. Both
are without Ethernet, but PPP is a good testsuite.

harald

P.S. Tomorrow I'll attend Atmel's ARM seminar in
Duesseldorf, so further replies may come later.