[En-Nut-Discussion] Full Duplex operation

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Fri Mar 12 13:38:34 CET 2004

Bengt,

At 11:20 12.03.2004 +0100, you wrote:
>I've been playing with the full duplex bit when I wrote the new driver but I
>NEVER succeded to get that thing working.
>I asked Harald about it but IIRC I didn't get any reply.

I searched my emails for "Bengt" and "duplex" but
can't find anything. Sorry anyway.

But yes, this had been a topic some time ago and
it never came to a conclusion. As far as I remember
I got a half duplex connection with an old Level 1
switch but always full duplex with our 3Com Superstack.

Damian wrote:

>Maybe cause 11 means 10base2 on powerup, which means the full duplex bit
>is ignored.

At least this explanation is worth a deeper look into.