[En-Nut-Discussion] Re: RE: Full Duplex operation

Damian Slee damian at commtech.com.au
Tue Mar 16 03:31:21 CET 2004

Interesting.  I would say the 8019 doesn't support auto negiation for
half/full duplex, only 10baseT to 10base2.

If I read back CONFIG3 I get 0x70, which is FDUP and LEDS1 LEDS0.  So
perhaps it is in full duplex from the pull up resistor, but most
switches are going half duplex cause the 8019 doesn't support NWAY
(thanks SN).

Would the 8019 talking full duplex to a switch in half duplex, cause the
Tx packet loss we are seeing?

Further to this, I also had a play with emulating the 9346.  Not there
yet.  But I found this on the Rabbit implementation last night, which
seems the set the 8019 in half duplex.
http://www.circuitcellar.com/echips-pdfs/0801/c0801fepdf.pdf   (page 8)