[En-Nut-Discussion] Re: [En-Nut-Announce] Version 3.4.2 Available

Lee Davies leedavies at comtech.uk.com
Wed Mar 17 12:09:56 CET 2004

Harlad,

Just a follow up on the feedback you provided...

>> 2. What is the current size of the ARM port?
>
> I did not succeed in compiling all modules, but
> it looks like the ARM code is about 50-60% larger
> than the AVR code.

Is this 50-60% increase in program space?

Has the data space requirement increased?

I'm asking this, because I intend to use the ARM port on the Philips LPC21XX
device. My intention is to run the program from FLASH, which can execute at
full speed (zero wait states) upto 60MHz :-). Unfortunately this device has
a 32K RAM limit.

>> 3. Do you have any plans to build nut boards based on other processors
(eg
>> ARM)?
>
> Sure, because this is the only way to make some
> money for us. :-) Right now I'm testing on
> the Gameboy+XPort and I got an AT91EB40A Kit from
> Atmel as well, but the GBA is more fun. Both
> are without Ethernet, but PPP is a good testsuite.

Programming the GBA IS great fun.

I would suggest the HAM-GBA development IDE
(http://www.ngine.de/site/index.php).
It's very easy to get up and running (nice demos) and free (last time I
looked).

Regards,

Lee