[En-Nut-Discussion] H8/300 Question: Print Format Specifier Forsize_t

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Thu Mar 18 11:30:08 CET 2004

There had been a post one year ago from Mike
Cornelius

http://www.egnite.de/pipermail/en-nut-discussion/2003-July/000944.html

Jan, what's your opinion about switching to -mint32?

I agree with Mike, that it is really odd to have
sizeof(int) differing from sizeof(size_t).

Many standard routines handle memory sizes as
ints, directly or indirectly. E.g. they return
a number of bytes as an integer in order to
flag errors as -1 (size_t is unsigned).

Harald