[En-Nut-Discussion] Gerber files

Alex Hay alex at lfiinternational.com
Tue May 18 06:48:34 CEST 2004

Roger,

Although you can make your own boards, I wouldn't bother if you just want a
board to study.  It can be a hassle trying to get all the components in
single-piece quantites, and then you have to populate the board yourself.
It is much easier to buy the boards pre-built when you are looking for
initial units.  A list of distributors is available at
http://www.egnite.de/en/weltweit.php
so you can find the correct company for your region.  I think you will find
the prices very good.  For you first purchase, make sure you get the kit,
not just the board -- it comes with an ISP cable so you can upload your code
to the board.

Or you can download the freeware version of EAGLE from
http://www.cadsoft.de/freeware.htm and generate you own Gerbers.  It's easy
to do -- there are great first-timer instuctions at OLIMEX,
http://www.olimex.com/pcb/pcbfaq.html#eagle.  (OLIMEX makes great proto
PCBs, but this is a multi-layer board which they can't do.)

If you have trouble, I'll be happy to help you out or just generate a set of
Gerbers for you.

-Alex

---------------------------------

  Alex Hay