[En-Nut-Discussion] Send Emails with Ethernut

Cosmin Buhu towmeup at as.ro
Wed May 19 16:26:52 CEST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: <Joerg.Lamprecht at kendro.spx.com>
To: <en-nut-discussion at egnite.de>
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 4:42 PM
Subject: [En-Nut-Discussion] Send Emails with Ethernut

>Hello,
>
>is there a possibility to send Emails with Ethernut.
>Anybody has a clue how to get that working?
>
>With regards
>
>Jörg Lamprecht

    For a  simple SMTP session you must open a TCP connection

to port 25 of the server then all the rest is text conversations.

RFC2821 has all the theory you need, hard lecture I know but

believe me a simple client is quite simple. There are lots of

implementations freely available on net.

    The best I did was an application to send files base64 encoded, attached

to emails (with MIME).

Regards,

Cosmin