[En-Nut-Discussion] usartavr driver problem/bug

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at kernelconcepts.de
Tue Nov 9 13:08:09 CET 2004

Hello,

> Only tested 2 hours.
> My conclusions :
> - CTS fonction works ONLY a moment. Good behavior on the scope at this step.
> Flow is stopped quicky...
> - After this moment, usart sends bad data (or some data are lost in fact, I
> don't know) OR is definitively locked.  (Especially true after the Tx buffer
> becomes empty again, after strong CTS handshake...)

yes, I just have noticed this or similar behavior a few month ago. I
used both, RTS and CTS and got corrupted data after a while. I could not
figure out what exactly the problem was...

Have a look to my former posting from 09/17/2004

In one project I would need RTS / CTS handshake a lot, so I would be
glad if this could be fixed. I would do so by my own, but did not
understand how this should work correctly in the usart driver.

Hope you'll find something.

Bye,

Ole

--
kernel concepts    Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Dreisbachstr. 24   Fax: +49-271-771091-19