[En-Nut-Discussion] Floating point in file streams

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Mon Nov 22 19:23:38 CET 2004

Hello Lars,

there will be no separate lib in the future, just libnutcrt.a.

In the current version of the Configurator enabling floating
point support doesn't work. To fix this:

1. Create a file include/cfg/crt.h in your build tree with
the following contents

   #ifndef _INCLUDE_CFG_CRT_H_
   #define _INCLUDE_CFG_CRT_H_
   #ifndef STDIO_FLOATING_POINT
   #define STDIO_FLOATING_POINT
   #endif
   #endif

2. Add
   #include <cfg/crt.h>
at the beginning of crt/putf.c and crt/getf.c.

3. Remove the lines
   "getff.c",
and
   "putff.c",
from conf/crt/crt.nut.

4. Generate the build tree and build Nut/OS.

5. Link your floating point application to libnutcrt.a.

There are simpler ways to do it, but this one will be
compatible to the fixes, which I'm going to commit soon.

Harald