[En-Nut-Discussion] TinyOS in ethernut

Matthias Ringwald mringwal at inf.ethz.ch
Tue Nov 23 10:57:54 CET 2004

Hi Emre

If you want or have to use Tiny'OS' on a Ethernut board, this should
not create too much work.
I would suggest taking look at both the Ethernut and the Mote2
schematics to figure out
what uart is used for serial communication, which pins are connected to
LEDs to get going (trying the LED example first).
The ethernut uses a 14 Mhz clock, whereas the motes use a 7.328 Mhz
clock, so the settings for
the uart have to be changed.

I guess you have to create your own hardware definition in the tinyos
compile chain (nesc->avr-gcc->...)
As I've never worked with TinyOS, I assume that its not much work in
lines of code but a lot of figuring
out where to do it. TinyOS provides some docs about porting to another
platfrom I guess.

If you're thinking about wireless communication, fixing an rfm 1000, a
chipcon cc1000 or cc2420 to an Ethernut board will be
some fun. :)

regards,
  Matthias Ringwald