[En-Nut-Discussion] Re: SNMP (was: NTP)

Harald Kipp harald.kipp at egnite.de
Tue Nov 23 17:30:03 CET 2004

Ole,

I'm biased about SNMP. Dusan Ferbas had spent a lot of time
on a commercial SNMP library for Nut/OS and I never managed
to sufficiently support and promote this.

The last thing I want to do is spending my time to spoil
his business. :-) In case someone else wants to do it, we
will of course accept the result for the Nut/OS releases.

I doubt this will happen too soon. Some years ago I wrote an
SNMP agent for OS/2 and even the core stuff had been quite a
lot of work.

Harald

PS: A few months ago another company offered to create a
commercial SNMP solution for Nut/OS. I felt uncomfortable
and sat it out. It proofs, that there is some commercial
interest in SNMP for embedded devices, but AFAIK, no Open
Source Project.