[En-Nut-Discussion] write to / read from Flash/ROM

Ole Reinhardt ole.reinhardt at kernelconcepts.de
Wed Nov 24 16:21:02 CET 2004

Hi,

> Flash/ROM during the runtime of my program. I want to log some events, but
> the log-entries shouldn't be lost after a power failure.
>
> Is there anybody, who can help me?

You better should not use the flash for such purpose, since you could
override your application code. If you still wand to do so, have a look
to the eboot bootloader. I also could send you a flash-routine that you
can use to write to application flash on runtime. Reading is then done
by the program space string utilities.

Better use the eeprom. Have a look to avr-libc (if you use gcc) or
implement writing to the eeprom by hand... Have a look to
NutSaveConfig / NutLoadConfig.

Bye,

Ole

--
kernel concepts    Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Dreisbachstr. 24   Fax: +49-271-771091-19