[En-Nut-Discussion] write to / read from Flash/ROM

Douglas Pearless Douglas.Pearless at pearless.co.nz
Wed Nov 24 20:17:35 CET 2004

Hi,

I am working on just such a problem.

I have a daughter board for the Ethernut2 (for Ethernut 1.3 you would need
to change it to add a 3.3v power supply, this involves changing the board,
or cutting a track).

I uses a standard MMC card (1MB to 1GB) of non-volatile storage using DOS
FAT16 r FAT32.

It has several 1.5F supercaps to allow NutOS to flush the buffers (512Bytes)
to the MMC card before the power is completely gone, I use a 78L05 from DC
to an interrupt to detect the power loss.

(It also has a real time clock and brings the RS 485 on the Ethernut2 to the
same end as the rest of the connectors).

The prototype board is due from the PCB manufacturer this week, then I have
to assemble and test, then update some code to get it working (I can read
files, navigate directories, but no writing yet).

I am hoping to be able to publish the project before Christmas.

Douglas.