[En-Nut-Discussion] Bug in NutSegReadCommit

Pete Allinson pete at peteallinson.plus.com
Thu Nov 25 12:36:53 CET 2004

Hi Harald,

At 09:50 25/11/2004, you wrote:
>I do not think that this causes hiccups. Did you check
>"Step 3: Refining the Player" at
>http://www.ethernut.de/en/medianut/index.html
>(hiccups due to embedded meta data)?

Yes, I did.  I'm actually running my own server (which isn't sending any
metadata).  (Sorry, when I referred to hiccups I meant that the player was
stopping.)

>If NutSegBufReadRequest() reports, that no more bytes
>are available, then the VS1001 driver _stops_ playing.
>
>Anyway the implementation looks wrong to me too.
>The player stops when read and write pointers are at
>the same address in different segments.

Yes, that's what I was seeing too.  (I like an OS that makes it so easy to
put print statements in an interrupt handler!)

>  This is a rare condition, but it exists and I agree, that your
>proposal fixes it.

Hmm.  I was seeing it a couple of times a minute (which made it fairly easy
to track down).

Regards,
Pete