[En-Nut-Discussion] MMC Card interface to Ethernut

Pearless Douglas.Pearless at pearless.co.nz
Fri Oct 1 13:40:42 CEST 2004

Hi people,

I now have a MMC card (32MB) attached to an Ethernut 1.3g (v2.1 only just
arrived today) via SPI (total cost of hardware excluding the card is about
USD$5).

I can interrogate the card and all of its internal registers, parameters and
read sectors.

I am now working out how to access the FAT16 file system (one of four
possible file systems under the MMCA specs, te other being ‘universal’ and
‘unknown’).

I note that there is also an option for up to 4 partitions under the ‘hard
disk like’ file system.

Has anyone *ever* come across the ‘Hard disk like file system’ being used on
a MMC card as my research seems to indicate this is more common with compact
flash cards???

When it all seems to work, I intend to release it as a Ethernut project,
unless there is more immediate interest then I will share the pre-alpha
code.

Douglas

---