[En-Nut-Discussion] MMC

Pearless Douglas.Pearless at pearless.co.nz
Mon Oct 4 11:22:28 CEST 2004

Hi,

I understand that NUTOS allows parameters to be called when opening a
device, e.g.

NutRegisterDevice(&devMMC0, 0, 0);
mmc = fopen("devMMC0:\myfile.dat", "r+");

but in my open command in the NUTDEVICE I have defined:

static NUTFILE *MMCFileOpen(NUTDEVICE * pDevice, CONST char *pName, int
nMode, int nAccess)

{
//use AVR Studio and JTAGICE mkii to view the parameters while single
stepping
return(0);
}

The "devMMC0" becomes pDevice and myfile.dat goes to pName and "r+" goes
nowhere.  (but I can see it in memory).

In reading the PPP documentation
(http://www.ethernut.de/en/nuttecnotes/ntn-1_ppp.html ) this makes sense,
any ideas how this should be done without creating a non-standard way of
doing this?

Also for directories (making, changing, renaming and deleting directories)
how should this be done to be consistent with NUTOS.

(My operating System days are many years ago...)

Doyglas

---