[En-Nut-Discussion] Newbie - guide

amit khandelwal khandelwal.amit at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 05:12:23 CEST 2004

Hello Gerd,
    Please forgive me for not knowing all the details. I am using
everything that came with the Ethernut 1.3 starters kit.

Hardware -

Ethernut 1.3 Rev-F board
A serial port cable

Software with the CD's

I bought a DC 9-15V adapter.  So may I know what you mean with the
"adapter that comes with the starter kit". Is there some extra
hardware, which I don't have? I had played around with atmel
microcontrollers few years ago and we just needed that serial cable
and AVR studio if I remember correctly.

I am using the uisp software to burn the code on ethernut and using
avr-gcc and other software tools to compile the code in linux. As I
had suggested in my last email I tested the board as suggested in the
hardware manual using hyperterminal and it works as described in the
manual. However, when I try to use AVR studio it fails to detect the
board itself.

- Amit Khandelwal